Summary of Position
Lionsgate is seeking an Assistant in its Physical Production department who will report directly to the SVP of Physical Production. This position requires a talented individual who will handle a variety of administrative duties, as well as production tasks. Responsibilities include maintaining calendar, scheduling, answering and rolling calls, coordinating travel arrangements, completing expense reports, and other administrative duties as assigned. This position will also be involved in many production duties such as updating production calendars, communicating between outside production personnel and the studio, tracking dailies, and organizing production documents and information.
• Collect and file documents from productions as they are distributed (call sheets, schedules, agreements etc.)
• Track correspondence and assist SVP in day to day communication
• Submit necessary production paperwork to guilds and bond companies
• Generate and circulate calendars for films in Development & Production phases
• Organize travel arrangements for SVP and essential crew members
Qualifications and Skills
• Previous experience and demonstrated interest in film production preferred
• Excellent organizational skills, ability to multi-task and be a self-starter
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills required
• Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and be self sufficient
• Ability to work independently and take initiative along with attention to detail
• Strong work ethic, reliable, mature, professional and positive attitude required
• BA/BS degree in a related field required
Nice to Haves
• Strong interest in working in Physical Production and desire to gain a deep understanding of film production
• Previous experience working an Assistant desk at a production company or studio
• On-set or office production experience
• Familiar with Scenechronize, Box and both Movie Magic Budgeting & Scheduling
• Highly organized and motivated individual with a positive attitude who takes initiative and can oversee their own tasks
About the Company
Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) encompasses world-class motion picture and television studio operations aligned with the STARZ premium global subscription platform to bring a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. The Company's film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and a valuable collection of iconic film and television franchises. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for audiences worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8066m-18-208-132-74-42 in your application.