Summary of Position:
Lionsgate is seeking an Assistant, Inclusive Content & Business Strategy to support two department heads in the Motion Picture Group. This position requires a highly-organized, collaborative, and self-motivated individual who not only enjoys problem-solving, but also thrives in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate is passionate about driving the future of film, proactive, and possesses a can-do work ethic (no task is too big or small). The Assistant will handle a variety of administrative duties for the Head of Inclusive Content and the SVP, Business Strategy & Planning in addition to helping to maintain the daily operations of both the Inclusive Content and Business Strategy & Planning teams. Previous experience in film/television development, acquisitions, film sales/distribution, tech, or business strategy & operations is also highly preferred.
• Plan, coordinate and schedule all meetings for two department heads. Manage, organize, and serve as a gatekeeper for complex and dynamic schedules.
• Manage department calendars and proactively protect and prioritize the time of the department heads. Coordinate and schedule all external meetings for department teams and priority internal meetings.
• Anticipate, resolve, and escalate issues as needed.
• Serve as the functional intersection between Inclusive Content and Business Strategy & Planning teams. Proactively note when workflows, processes or communications are at risk of breaking down (or starting to do so), flagging department heads so they can address and proposing solutions where applicable.
• Manage a high level of communication with internal and external contacts including support staff, studio executives, agents, producers, talent, vendors, etc.
• Manage departments' work tools (eg, Webex, Box, Google Drive, Monday, Slack, etc.), and ensure that team collaboration remains efficient and best practices and/or formatting requirements are being followed
• Sit in on key internal and external meetings, taking notes and actively participating in brainstorms and problem solving where appropriate. Compile meeting recaps for priority internal meetings and external meetings.
• Prepare and disseminate supporting materials and agendas for priority internal meetings and external meetings, ensuring both are received in time for participants to be adequately prepared.
• Submit and track invoices, following up regularly with accounting to ensure vendors are paid in a timely fashion. Escalate to department heads as needed.
• Assist in maintenance of departmental grids and databases to ensure talent demographics, submissions/pitches, greenlight signatures, and miscellaneous project updates are all kept current. Draft internal communications and project updates for key stakeholders across the division and company, including emails, newsletters, etc. Keep track of relevant trends in the broader entertainment industry and flag breaking
Qualifications & Skills
• Excellent organization skills with ability to manage workload effectively and keep an eye towards prioritizing for the greatest
• amount of impact; innovative & adaptable self-starter with focus on driving change and making processes more efficient
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate clearly and concisely, with an exceptional attention to detail, to stakeholders of all levels
• High level of integrity and ability to uphold confidentiality, composure and diplomacy at all times when dealing with sensitive information or situations
• Demonstrated passion for diversity, equity, and inclusion and/or commitment to serving underrepresented communities and implementing more equitable and inclusive practices
• At least 1-year previous industry assistant experience (preferably at an agency, studio, network, or production company)
• College degree is a plus
Nice to Haves
• Interest in entertainment, knowledge of main players in the industry, and understanding of the studio filmmaking process
• Passion for strategy, planning, and process with a natural tendency to strategically break down a task, problem, or challenge into smaller pieces and/or actionable steps; innate resourcefulness and an entrepreneurial mindset
• Demonstrated cross-cultural competencies, including high emotional intelligence, a collaborative mindset, the ability to engage, build, and cultivate relationships both internally and externally, and openness to receiving and acting upon feedback
• Prior development experience or skill sets (i.e reading scripts, writing coverage, building writer/director lists, tracking talent and material, leveraging existing network of relationships to source scripts or intel, etc.)
• Prior experience with collaborative workflow platforms or databases (Monday, Airtable, Asana, FileMaker Pro, Google Suite/Drive, etc.)
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p2n3-54-158-251-104-42 in your application.