Summary of Position
The Assistant, Global Earned Media & Communications will report to the SVP of Global Earned Media & Communications and will assist the publicity team in developing and implementing publicity campaigns to promote Lionsgate Films.
• Proficient in all aspects of various services and systems including Muck Rack, Bluescape, AdStream, Box, Google docs, Indee, Pix, Monday.com and others as implemented as well as training of team members as needed
• Track and circulate press breaks & Tune-in's
• Update Publicity Strategy Memo and other pertinent documents and calendars
• Build and maintain budgets and monitoring COMMITTED funds in real-time with constant oversight of the TITLE budget
• Create and update filmmaker schedules with SVP
• Coordinate Talent, Filmmaker, Executive travel for publicity campaigns
• Coordinate interview requests with Talent representatives and Filmmakers
• Create publicity and screening reports for Filmmakers and Executives
• Generate review memos for films on opening day
• Book all glam for filmmakers (when needed) including negotiating all deal memos
• Assists press manager and coordinator when needed
• Schedule meetings with agencies, internal teams, etc.
• Run point on talent and legal approvals for written materials (i.e. press notes)
• Manage product fulfillment at shipping house
Qualifications & Skills
• Minimum of 2 years experience in a marketing capacity
• Minimum of 2 years experience using Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
• Bachelor's degree in Communications or related degree preferred
• Willingness to work overtime and be flexible with hours
• Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
• Superior communication skills (written and verbal)
• Ability to interact effectively with all levels of Management
• Highly organized and detail-oriented
• Ability to successfully manage multiple projects and deal with deadline pressure
• Strong work ethic
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the US market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5z811-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.