Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
The Assistant, Acquisitions & Co-Productions will support the President, Acquisitions & Co-Productions for the Motion Picture group. This position requires a talented individual who will handle a variety of administrative duties in support of daily operations.
• Maintain calendar, and scheduling
• Facilitate meetings for high-profile entertainment executives and potential business partners
• Maintain a phone sheet and roll calls (taking notes on each call).
• Data entry, filing and tracking of all incoming and existing creative/administrative documents
• Make travel arrangements and prepare itineraries and expense reports
• Interact with agencies and filmmakers to set internal screenings
• Interface with various departments across Lionsgate to coordinate information sharing
Qualifications & Skills
• Highly organized and detailed oriented
• Excellent communication skills
• Resourceful in finding solutions to problems
• Driven and passionate about film
• Ability to constantly multi-task in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
• Must have excellent computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Adobe)
• At least 1 year of work experience preferred
• Must be an excellent writer and proofreader
• Able and willing to work long hours
• A college degree is preferred
About the Company
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate (NYSE: LGF.A, LGF.B) brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space. A digital age company driven by its entrepreneurial culture and commitment to innovation, the Lionsgate brand is synonymous with bold, original, relatable entertainment for the audiences it serves worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
Motion Picture Group
Lionsgate's motion picture business is a consistent box office market share leader with films that have grossed more than $10 billion worldwide over the past six years. This leadership is driven by world-class talent relationships, a deep and renewable portfolio of iconic brands and franchises, and a diverse and balanced slate that is built to enhance consumer enjoyment of the theatrical experience but also has the flexibility to utilize a broad range of alternative release strategies as the opportunities to monetize films continue to expand. The creator, owner and distributor of great film brands including The Hunger Games, Twilight Saga, John Wick, Now You See Me, Knives Out, La La Land, Saw, Dirty Dancing and Monster's Ball, among many others, films released by Lionsgate and its predecessor companies have earned 129 Academy Award® nominations and 32 Oscar® wins.
In addition to its mainstream commercial releases, Lionsgate's Motion Picture Group includes specialty film distributor Roadside Attractions, an industry leader in award-winning prestige movies, Pantelion Films, the U.S. market leader in Spanish-language releases, a top film production and distribution brand in the UK, and multiplatform distributor Grindstone Entertainment.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.