Universal Music Group
Santa Monica, CA
Summary of Position
The Administrative Assistant will handle the day-to-day administrative duties for the EVP, Original Programming. In addition to general administrative work, the Administrative Assistant may be in charge of scheduling meetings, taking minutes during sessions, maintaining databases and producing reports or presentations for the executive leadership. The Administrative Assistant will ensure the smooth-running of the office, working both on a one-to-one basis with other Executives and Assistants in the department, but also on a wider basis with internal and external support staffs.
• General assistant duties including, answering phones, scheduling conference calls, meetings, pitches, copying, printing, compiling documents, creating and distributing agendas and itineraries, ordering supplies, maintaining filing systems, etc.
• Manage calendar and scheduling meetings using Outlook
• Facilitate and serve as 'host' of office Webex and Zoom meetings
• Arrange domestic & international travel and prepare expense reports, code, scan, reconcile and submitting any other relevant documentation for corporate submission
• Manage task lists
• Manage a high level of communication with internal and external contacts including, internal staff and management, agents, studio executives, executive producers, creative talent, etc.
• Coverage of creative samples, submissions and development material
• Assist in the evaluation of dailies, cuts, outlines and scripts
• Assist in the maintenance of multiple departmental grids
Qualifications & Skills
• Bachelor's degree (minimum) required in English, Communication Arts, Theater, Creative Writing, Film/TV/etc. studies, Film/TV/etc.
• Knowledgeable in all Microsoft Office applications including, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint software applications.
• Excellent written and oral communications skills
• Strong phone skills
Nice to Haves
• 1-2 years Agency or Management Experience
• Ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities in a professional and confident manner
• Knowledge of Scenechronize and Clear a plus
• Proactively anticipates needs
• Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
About the Company
Business Unit Overview
With the Company aligning its studio operations behind the growth of its streaming business, Starz has become one of the pre-eminent modern premium global streaming platforms. Offering subscribers more than 7.500 television episodes, including Starz original series and provocative documentaries, along with a broad catalogue of first-run movies, Starz is taking the lead in delivering relatable premium content that makes it the platform of choice among a wide spectrum of female, African-American and other historically underserved audiences. Its focused brand, premium content and freedom from legacy relationships position Starz at the forefront of the new bundles emerging throughout the media ecosystem, a compelling value proposition to complement virtually every kind of subscription platform.
Distinguished by its successful and focused content strategy, top programming, exceptional curation and speed to market, Starz has quickly scaled its platform to become one of the most widely distributed and fastest-growing OTT services in the world, with OTT subscribers making up more than half of its global subscriber base. The Starzplay International premium subscription service offers a ''best of global SVOD'' content portfolio in more than 50 countries throughout Europe, Latin America, Canada, Japan and India through a bespoke and expanding network of distribution partners. The Starzplay Arabia joint venture is one of the leading SVOD operators in the fast-growing Middle East and North Africa region. The proprietary and highly-rated Starz app, a proven hit with US audiences, continues to roll out internationally.
• Full Coverage – Medical, Vision, and Dental
• Work/Life Balance – generous sick days, vacation days, holidays, and Impact Day
• 401(k) company matching
• Tuition Reimbursement (up to graduate degree)
Nearest Major Market: Los Angeles
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz5532-3-236-122-9-42 in your application.
Combining the STARZ premium global subscription platform with world-class motion picture and television studio operations, Lionsgate brings a unique and varied portfolio of entertainment to consumers around the world. Its film, television, subscription and location-based entertainment businesses are backed by a 17,000-title library and the largest collection of film and television franchises in the independent media space.