News Anchor / Host - KYTV / Kspr
NEWS ANCHOR/HOST (Streaming Channel) - KYTV/KSPR
KY3 is part of a seven-station group in Springfield, MO. KY3 is one of the most dominant NBC affiliates in the country. KY3/KSPR covers 31 counties in southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas. We are proud of our close connections with the communities we serve in the Ozarks.
KYCW, the high-rated CW station, also broadcasts from the same studio, and the combined newsrooms produce newscasts for all three stations. KY3/KSPR covers 31 counties in southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas and has four news-gathering bureaus stationed throughout the DMA. KY3 and KSPR are known for their regional and national award-winning local news, weather and sports coverage, large-scale and numerous community service projects, and effective broadcast and digital marketing solutions. We are proud of our close connections with the communities we serve in the Ozarks.
KY3, the dominant number-one television station in Springfield, MO is looking to hire a weekday anchor/host for its online streaming channel. Available at ky3.com and on our news app, our streaming already gets tens of thousands of views. If you are a leader who has a passion for shaping the future of television news, this is the job for you! This person will work with the newsroom staff to anchor and create exclusive content for streaming. There is also fill-in opportunities on-air. It's important this person be great at multi-tasking since you will have to do several things at once. KY3 is at the top of Gray television stations when it comes to page and video views. The world is watching!
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
• Create and maintain a programming schedule for our OTT streaming apps.
• Schedule interviews for yourself or others, conduct interviews live at the digital desk
• Be able to respond quickly and aggressively to breaking news and communicate it well without a script. Gather, write, and edit content under heavy deadline pressure without compromising accuracy or credibility
• Be able to utilize social media to create conversations with the audience, and engage and encourage viewers to ask questions during live presentations
• Gather and write content for digital desk
• Edit video for multiple platforms
• Learn to operate the digital desk switcher and audio board to use daily during your shift
• Learn to create live streams, clip and publish events and content through our CMS.
• Knowledge and understanding of social media and various media platforms (including broadcast, web and mobile) daily
• Ability to have good news judgment and journalistic integrity
• Must be an innovative team player with the ability to handle a variety of tasks and make sound decisions in a fast-paced, deadline-driven, and sometimes stressful environment
• Ability to interpret information to establish facts and determine truth
• Ability to develop content through social media, state and national feeds, affiliates, and independent sources
• Ability to interact with all levels of station and corporate management
• Flexibility with scheduling and/or assigned work shifts is preferred; willingness to work overtime and on weekends with short notice
• Must be willing to work at our station in Springfield, MO
• Follow all clothing and appearance guidelines as set by the news director
• Perform other job duties as assigned
• Must be 18 years old or older
• Bachelor's or master's degree in journalism or related field
• Experience on-air in television and on streaming/social media is a must
• Basic experience with both weather and newsroom computer systems is preferred (ENPS, WSI MAX, Engage videos, radar)
• Candidates must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and MVR check
• Must have unrestricted work authorization in the United States
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references (include reel-link of your work.)
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KYTV/KSPR-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rn712k-3-235-60-197-42 in your application.