Multimedia Journalist - KYTV
MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST - KYTV (Arkansas)
KY3 is part of a seven-station group in Springfield, MO. KY3 is one of the most dominant NBC affiliates in the country. KY3/KSPR covers 31 counties in southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas. We are proud of our close connections with the communities we serve in the Ozarks.
KYCW, the high-rated CW station, also broadcasts from the same studio, and the combined newsrooms produce newscasts for all three stations. KY3/KSPR covers 31 counties in southwest Missouri and northwest Arkansas and has four news-gathering bureaus stationed throughout the DMA. KY3 and KSPR are known for their regional and national award-winning local news, weather, and sports coverage, large-scale and numerous community service projects, and effective broadcast and digital marketing solutions. We are proud of our close connections with the communities we serve in the Ozarks.
KY3, the award-winning, number-one station in Springfield, MO is looking for a great multi-media on-air journalist who is passionate about shooting, editing, writing, and covering local news and weather. We are looking for a journalist to be based in beautiful northern Arkansas. With a lake, Buffalo National River, and Ozark Mountains nearby, this is the place many want to live. Candidate must be able to work well alone to tell great stories about real people. We want moving and creative live shots, standups, and personalized stories.
Duties/Responsibilities will include (but not be limited to):
• Research, gather, shoot, write, edit and report news stories for on-air and online in the most accurate, appealing, timely, and creative way using all sources
• Report ''live'' on the scene, especially during breaking news
• Bureau reports must live in the area where they will report.
• Aggressively research stories and conduct interviews in the field
• Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
• Demonstrate sound news judgment, and collaborate with others to present the story in the best way
• Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis
• Enterprise hard-news, research-driven packages under tight deadlines
• Participate in story selection process through meetings, daily contribution of lead story ideas centering on safety and security is required
• Attend/host/speak at community service, schools, and community events; meet and greet viewers
• Post and regularly update stories and other material on the web and social media, usually remotely Must update social media sites daily, including Facebook and Twitter, to report stories and interact with viewers
• Communicate with the web staff and other appropriate staff members during breaking news
• Follow clothing and appearance guidelines
• Must be a visual storyteller; perform creative stand-ups and explanatory, moving live shots
• Evenings, weekends, mornings, and holidays will be required
• Make regular beat checks
• Be willing to learn or possess a broad and working knowledge of the viewing area, including people, places, things, and history
• Use knowledge of appropriate lighting to enhance overall news presentation
• Critique, feedback, and training are part of the job
• Will need to be on-call as scheduled
• Perform other job-related duties as assigned
• Be able to write in a clear, concise, conversational manner
• Possess excellent interview and conversational writing skills
• Excellent live reporting skills and strong on-camera presentation skills
• Basic computer knowledge, including newsroom software (such as ENPS), Microsoft applications, and Internet use
• Ability to carry, shoot and edit video with digital cameras
• Able to produce and post content to our websites
• Intermediate knowledge of social media
• Able to work independently with limited supervision
• Work well in a team environment
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
• Strong initiative and attention to detail
• Demonstrate solid news judgment and journalistic ethics
• Maintain professional and ethical conduct at the station and in the community
• Ability to maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving in a manner that will mesh well with co-workers, supervisors, and viewers
• Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines
• Must stay current with national and local news/weather, know what is going on in the community
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your cover letter, resume, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KYTV/KSPR-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rj7ok0-3-237-31-191-42 in your application.