- Full Time
Job DescriptionAbout KYOU:
KYOU-TV is the FOX, NBC, The CW, Circle, and Grit affiliated television station for the area of Southeastern Iowa and Northeastern Missouri. KYOU-TV signed on the air more than 30 years ago. The TV station serves more than 9 counties in Iowa and Missouri with more than 37,000 television households. While the main studio is located in Ottumwa, KYOU-TV also staffs a news bureau in Kirksville, MO. KYOU-TV is dedicated to being a part of our communities and sharing the stories of the people we serve. KYOU-TV is owned by Gray Television.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
This challenging and rewarding position will be responsible for the development of new business partnerships, including local station initiatives, and digital advertising sales.
• Identify business opportunities by identifying prospects, learn about their business, and propose solutions
• Sell broadcast and digital products by establishing contact and develop relationships with prospects
• Maintain relationships with clients by providing support, information and guidance; recommend new opportunities
• Maintain quality service
• Keep up-to-date on all products and services offered; learn new products and understand how clients can benefit from using them
• Make monthly broadcast and digital goals
• Stay organized; help client succeed in their business
• Previous sales experience is required. Strong written and verbal communication skills required
• Must excel in presentation skills, developing strong client relationships, prospecting skills, meeting sales goals and sales planning
• Must be self-motivated, have strong organizational skills and carry a positive attitude
• Must have good computer skills, and a working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite
• A pre-employment and random drug screening is required
• Must have a clean driving record
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g6zyn8-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.