- Part Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAssistant I, Production KXMC Part Time
KXMC is offering a great opportunity to experience broadcasting or just try something refreshing in a unique industry! No broadcast experience needed! We are always willing to train and invest in somebody willing to learn. Great for students and second jobs!
The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
The job will average about 10-15 hours a week with a maximum of 25 on rare occasions.
• Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts
• Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts
• Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements
• Sets up cameras and related equipment
• Tests, cleans, maintains and repairs camera equipment
• Produces graphics for newscast
• Creates graphics for the newscast
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.