Part Time Job
- Part Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAssistant I, Production KXMC Part Time
KXMC is offering a great opportunity to start a career in broadcasting or just try something refreshing in a unique industry! No broadcast experience needed! We are always willing to train and invest in a good attitude. Great for students and second jobs!
Will work on the 5, 6, 9, & 10 Casts. Shifts start at 4:45 pm.
The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
• Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts
• Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts
• Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements
• Sets up cameras and related equipment
• Tests, cleans, maintains and repairs camera equipment
• Produces graphics for newscast
• Creates graphics for the newscast
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4yoj1-3-235-191-87-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.