KXMB is looking for an News Anchor.
The ideal candidate is an excellent communicator with a superb on-air presence. This individual is energetic and can deliver everything from hard news to features with clarity and poise on-air, online, and on all other media platforms.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Write clearly and interestingly and use video and graphics to illustrate story facts and ideas.
• Build sources, lead community engagements, generate story ideas and participate in editorial meetings.
• Ensures that all news content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Report live, scripted and unscripted with clarity, accuracy, and confidence.
• Responds to breaking news and other urgent newsroom situations as required.
• Writes content for the website and other media platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users on social media sites.
• Participates in promotional activities, including public appearances.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Engage with our surrounding community and make an effort to meet and understand the issues impacting our viewers
Requirements & Skills:
• 3 years journalism experience.
• A college degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Natural newsroom leader who can take the lead on stories while also knows the importance of working together as a news team
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written, with the ability to ad-lib when required.
• Excellent news judgment with expansive knowledge of local/national current events, history, newsmakers, issues.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Ability to effectively listen to fully understand problems and communicate with a team to shape a solution.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1n78e-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.