Full Time Job
Assistant, Production Evening
- Full Time
- Mid (2-5 years) Experience
Job DescriptionAssistant, Production KXMB Evening
KXMB Is looking for a full time production assistant to be involved in the production of all of our evening news casts. Shifts will typically be 1:45pm to 10:45 pm. There will be a weekend rotation usually every 3 to 4 weekends.
Some experience is preferred but we are willing to train the right candidate. This position will have opportunities to engage in and learn all aspects of our production including directing.
The Production Assistant is responsible for various television production duties required to record scenes for live and recorded broadcasts.
• Composes and frames camera shots, applying the technical aspects of light, lenses and camera settings to achieve the effects sought by directors
• Adjusts positions and controls of cameras to change focus, exposure and lighting as requested by the director
• Operates studio cameras during live broadcasts
• Operates remote cameras during live broadcasts
• Confers with directors and other crew members to discuss sequences, desired effects, camera movements and lighting requirements
• Sets up cameras and related equipment
• Tests, cleans, maintains and repairs camera equipment
• Produces graphics for newscast
• Creates graphics for the newscast
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills:
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2bz02-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.
Find More Jobs Like This
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.