KWTX-TV News 10 is the dominant television station for the Waco-Temple-Killeen market in the Heart of Texas. The CBS, CW, Telemundo, and MeTV affiliate, KWTX is the leader in every local newscast. A state-of-the-art facility with a brand new studio helps employees showcase their award-winning content. Two storm-chasing vehicles give our crews mobile weather labs to track severe weather. But the station's most valuable resource is its people. KWTX is home to a dedicated group of employees, many of whom have called the station home for many years.
Community service is engrained in the culture of KWTX. We take pride in being able to say that no other station does it better. In 2016, the station was honored with the NAB's Service to America Award, recognizing the nation's top local TV station for community service. The Texas Association of Broadcasters also honored KWTX with its highest award for public service, The Bonner McLain Award.
Fixer Upper's Magnolia Silos have turned downtown Waco into a destination for travelers from around the country. The city is home to Baylor University, with one of the top athletic programs in the nation and beautiful McLane Stadium along the Brazos River. Space-X has a rocket testing facility, with some of the world's most impressive technology in nearby McGregor. The market is also home to one of the largest US Military installations in the world, Fort Hood. And this region is ideally located in Central Texas, within a short drive of both the Dallas and Austin metro areas.
KWTX has a stellar reputation as one of the premiere broadcasters in Texas, and is looking for driven, dedicated people pursuing a career in broadcast-related fields, helping produce award-winning, compelling content while working in the community to help make life better for those we are entrusted to serve.
Learn More About KWTX Here: http://vimeo.com/351275279/ab006f70da
KWTX seeks an innovative newscast producer to join News 10 This Morning, the number one morning newscast in Central Texas. We are looking for a producer who lives for urgent, relevant coverage of what is new, now and next, and excels in breaking news and weather situations. As the Central Texas dominant #1 news station, you will have the largest and latest resources to create a show that resonates with viewers. You will join a team of exceptional journalists who are committed to our community and work to make it better, both on and off camera. As a newscast co-producer, you will oversee a team of journalists from varied backgrounds on a tight deadline, so strong planning and communication skills are a must.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Researching, writing and editing daily content for television and web platforms
- Producing a quality, accurate show that resonates with key demographics
- Identifying the day's most important stories and sourcing materials relevant to your audience
- Working with management and staff to generate stories and content
- Meeting daily deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Planning and timing shows to meet ratings goals
- Candidates should also exhibit a good work ethic, strong people skills, the ability to be a team player and must maintain a professional attitude at all times.
- This position requires availability to work weekends and may require holiday work.
- 1 year previous news experience.
- Ability to edit video, write scripts, and effectively communicate.
- Flexibility in scheduling, to respond to the changing news landscape.
- A degree in journalism or related field, or equivalent professional experience.
- Familiarity with non-linear editing, TVU, Sony ENG, Social Media.
- Valid Drivers License with good driving record.
- Employment is contingent on a pre-employment drug screen and motor vehicle background check.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz546q-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.