First Alert News Anchor - KWTX
FIRST ALERT NEWS ANCHOR (MORNING) - KWTX
KWTX-TV News 10, is the dominant television station for the Waco-Temple-Killeen market in the Heart of Central Texas. The CBS, CW, Telemundo, and MeTV affiliate, KWTX is the leader in every local newscast. Community service is engrained in the culture of KWTX. We take pride in being able to say no other station does it better. In 2016, the station was honored with the NAB Service to America Award, recognizing the nations top local TV station for community service.
KWTX, Waco, TX, seeks a newsroom leader with a passion for uncovering, confirming, producing and presenting breaking news in the mornings. Our team focuses on New, Now, Next content and we put breaking and developing news from around the globe and close to Central Texas in the spotlight at our First Alert News Desk. As a part of a three-person anchor team, you will work alongside our producers and morning reporter to infuse the morning newscasts with updated breaking and developing news throughout the 2 ½ hour broadcast. You must be passionate about finding, confirming and presenting breaking news from wherever it is happening, and you must be a quick thinker and worker to get this information to our viewers. Morning duties also include anchoring morning news breaks during network news.
Duties/Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Anchoring and producing breaking and developing news throughout a.m. newscasts from the First Alert News Desk
- Anchoring and producing breaking and developing news live during morning news breaks in CBS programming
- Anchoring and producing breaking and developing news live on streaming platforms through late mornings
- Serving as one of three primary anchors for the morning newscast from 4:30 a.m. – 7 a.m.
- Serving as a fill-in anchor for the morning, noon and other newscasts as needed
- Serving as a producer, as needed, to guarantee newscasts are executed at high journalistic and production levels
- Serving as a member of our investigative team, and/or providing regular promotable content for evening newscasts
- Shooting and working as an MMJ when and if needed
- Executing content on all platforms including broadcast, web, social and live streaming
- Reporting live from the field, when and if necessary
- Passion for finding, tracking, confirming and presenting breaking news on all platforms
- Strong news judgment in making and executing timely editorial decisions
- Strong broadcast writing, editing and presenting skills
- Strong web/digital writing skills and ability to post in-depth long-format stories to digital platforms
- Ability to post content to social media platforms and engage audiences
- Some anchor experience required
- Reporting experience required
- Journalism or a related degree
- Leadership abilities and knowledge to work alongside morning anchors and producers
- Ability to aggregate new, now and next news content from a variety of sources
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KWTX-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxjeb1-34-239-154-201-42 in your application.