KWTX is located in the Heart of Central Texas. The award winning CBS and CW affiliate, KWTX is the leader in every local newscast. A state-of-the-art facility helps employees showcase their award-winning content. Two storm-chasing vehicles, the Weather Edge and Weather Explorer give our crews mobile weather labs to track and own severe weather coverage. However, the station's most valuable resource is its people. KWTX is home to a dedicated group of employees, many of whom have called the station home for many years.
KWTX News 10 is seeking an experienced, creative, innovative producer who is ready to deliver urgent, important, and unique content to a multiplatform audience. You'll be creating and producing two number one signature newscasts.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Ability to write clearly and accurately; great grammar
- Ability to work well under sometimes intense pressure and tight deadlines
- Strong initiative, creativity and attention to detail
- Work with news team to decide on what stories to produce and report
- Work closely with news anchors to produce and execute clear information and/or news stories to the viewer
- Assist other producers as well as fill in on all news broadcasts
- Ability to quickly recognize and organize stories for the upcoming news broadcast
- There will be other duties as assigned from time to time
- A motivated team player with a great attitude.
- A strong writer with strong news judgment.
- An ability to bring order to the chaos of breaking news reporting, producing the best overall coverage on a consistent basis.
- A high comfort level with change, able to alter your newscast before and during broadcast, and do it accurately.
- Ability to over-communicate plans and changes with managers, anchors, reporters, and production team to ensure your vision is executed on the air.
- An eye for creative and engaging graphics.
- An ability to visualize the newscast.
- Must have a valid driver's license and proof of insurance.
- A college degree in journalism or related field required.
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume and cover letter
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-ro3zp6-3-215-177-171-42 in your application.