MMJ - KWCH
MMJ (REGIONAL) - KWCH
KWCH-TV is the number one rated news station in the Wichita market which covers central, northwest and western Kansas. We are dedicated to our community and committed to delivering quality local news and information on all platforms.
Do you like the freedom to choose your own stories and the ability to do both hard news AND features? Are you the type of reporter who isn't crazy about sitting through meetings but would rather get out on the road and find the next fantastic tell? As you can see, this is no ordinary MMJ job. KWCH/KSCW is looking for its next rockstar regional reporter! You will cover stories in northwest and southwest Kansas. We are looking for a gifted storyteller who can bring a story alive with great video, nat sound and excellent editing skills.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Gather and deliver news and information in the most accurate, urgent and creative way
• Demonstrate sound news judgment and the ability to tell stories in a clear, informative manner
• Extensive knowledge of social media and how to use it to engage viewers and find news stories
• Enterprise hard-news and features stories under tight deadlines, develop and maintain sources
• Attend/host/speak at community service, schools and community events; meet and greet viewers
• Write, edit, and post digital stories prior to airing of the television version, update web stories regularly
• Must be a visual storyteller and have the ability to come up with creative, active live shots and stand-ups and ways to explain a story.
• Must be able to edit on non-linear equipment on a daily basis
• Coaching, feedback, and training are all part of the job
• Various shift work may be required
• Live on-the-scene reporting skills
• Be able to write and deliver stories clearly, accurately and in an easy-to-understand manner
• Ability to shoot and edit video; create personalized stories
• Able to produce and post original content to our websites
• Ability to generate enterprise story ideas and effectively work a beat
• Must be able to work well under pressure with limited supervision
• Strong initiative and attention to detail
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d22e27-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.