• Telemundo 52 Los Angeles is currently seeking a Weather Anchor/ Reporter. As a Weather Anchor at KVEA, you will be responsible for producing and presenting multiple weather segments, compiled through weather data and computer graphics.
• Prepare quality weather forecasts based on material assembled from various sources.
• Present and prepare weather information for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging, and meaningful to news consumers.
• Convey a passion for communicating weather and traffic information through graphics, verbally, and in writing.
• Proficient in weather analysis and forecasting.
• Ensure all content meets Telemundo News Station standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Maintain a deep level of familiarity with the state and region resources and conditions and critical points of interest.
• Respond to breaking weather news as required.
• Research weather information from various sources for presentation on newscasts.
• Write scripts, lead-ins, cues, bridges, copy and other material for use on the air or on multiplatforms.
• Monitor the weather wire to ascertain the news weather developments.
• Supervise the editing of filmed content for weather coverage.
• Record and deliver promotional announcements when assigned and makes promotional appearances as required.
• Create weather graphics and operate weather equipment.
• Produce compelling story packages that support and supplement our weather brand.
• Excellent news writing ability for all platforms, as well as proficiency in newsgathering equipment and computers essential.
• At least two years experience as a Weather Anchor or Reporter.
• Able to produce and present multiple weather segments, compiled through weather data and computer graphics.
• Able to produce live shots, report and gather elements for story building.
• Must be flexible with scheduled hours including weekends, mornings, and evenings in a 24x7 news operation.
• Spanish fluency in writing, reading and speaking ability a must.
• Bi-lingual (English/Spanish) required both written and verbal.
• The ideal candidate will preferably have a minimum of at least four years of operational forecasting experience.
• Experience with TV weather graphics/animations and weather graphics systems experience.
• Meteorology/Atmospheric Science degree or equivalent experience preferred.
• Developed anchoring or other specialized skills to enhance newsroom operation and flexibility to work any assigned shift desired.
• Exceptional weather judgment.
• Strong story telling skills, both written and oral.
• Excellent writing, planning and coordination skills.
• Line-producing experience is a plus.
• Able to meet tight deadlines
• Exhibit great initiatives, problem solving skills and ability to work under pressure.
• News reporting experience
• Ability to work in a team environment
• Flexible, versatile and capable of covering weather or news whenever needed.