KVAL-TV in Eugene, Oregon has an immediate opening for a full-time Weekend Weather Anchor/ Reporter! In this role, you will be required to produce daily content on a variety of platforms including the internet and social networks, along with performing other duties as assigned by the news managers. The winning candidate will be able to demonstrate enterprise reporting and anchoring skills in both news and weather, deliver the weekend weather forecasts, record forecasts for multiple broadcast and digital platforms, as well as issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events.
• Sharp news judgment and technical skills
• A self-starter and who can generate his or her own story ideas on a daily basis
• The ability to meet deadlines and manage multiple priorities.
• Must work well independently and in a team environment
• Must have excellent writing, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills.
• Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in storytelling
• Write weather stories and update forecast information.
• Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
• Ability to maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
• Ability to produce content for multimedia platforms including live newscasts, station's website, mobile site, social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, breaking news texts and other emerging media.
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• At least 1-2 years on-air experience
• Previous anchoring and Live shot experience is required; experience with LiveU is a plus
• Experience with iNEWS preferred
• Ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule that will include evenings and/or weekends is required
• Experience in Meteorology
• Experience with WSI systems preferred
If you have the required experience and skills, we want to hear from you! In addition, please include a recent web link of your work.
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!