KVAL and KMTR have an exciting opportunity for a full-time Weekend News Anchor/Reporter. In this role, you will be required to anchor, report as an MMJ and produce content on a variety of platforms, along with performing other duties as assigned by the news managers. The ability to work under deadline and on a flexible schedule (including evenings and/or weekends) is required. We are looking for someone with a clear understanding of how to dig for a story, research it, write it with an edge, and use strong storytelling and TV production to make it impactful and memorable. It is important to have strong writing skills and to have knowledge of current events. Dynamic live television and storytelling skills are a must.
Skills and Experience:
• A self-starter and who can generate their own story ideas on a daily basis
• Ability to demonstrate enterprise reporting and creativity in storytelling
• Exemplary communication skills, both written and verbal
• Sharp news judgment
• Excellent technical skills
• The ability to work well independently
• Must have and maintain a valid license and a good driving record
• Ability to maintain an active social media presence to build your brand and solicit original story ideas
• Ability to produce content for multimedia platforms including live newscasts, station's website, mobile site, social networking sites such as Facebook and Twitter, breaking news texts and other emerging media.
Requirements and Qualifications:
• Previous anchoring experience is required
• Must have at least 1 year of on-air experience
• Live shot experience is required; experience with LiveU is a plus
• Experience with iNEWS preferred
While applying online, please include a link to your online demo reel
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm3v8x-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.