KVAL is seeking an Associate Producer who will produce weekend newscasts as well as occasionally fill in for both the News Producer and the Assignment Desk Editor as needed. The candidate must have strong writing and news judgment skills and have experience editing compelling video and sound. Working well in a fast-paced environment is essential. This position requires education in journalism or mass communications; previous television news experience is preferred. Non-linear video editing is a plus, as is control room experience.
• Writing copy for newscasts
• Occasional editing video for newscasts
• Posting stories online and to social media
• Assisting Producers with finding stories
• Assisting with other editorial duties as assigned
Required Skills and Experience:
• The ability to work well in a fast-paced environment
• The ability to write quality broadcast news copy under tight deadlines
• You must have strong writing and news judgment skills
• Experience with Avid editing software a plus
• A 4-year degree in Journalism or Mass Communications related field is preferred
• Primary shift includes weekends with availability to work all shifts including weekdays, evenings, overnight and some holidays
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug-Free Workplace!