Senior News Producer - KTVK / Kpho
About KTVK & KPHO:
Arizona's Family (KTVK & KPHO) is a media powerhouse located in Phoenix, Arizona. The purpose of Arizona's Family is to empower Arizonans to live their best lives. Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona's Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week. CBS 5 is Arizona's Most Watched Television Station driven by the power of CBS programming and sports while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. And the reach of Arizona's Family doesn't stop with linear television, azfamily.com is the market's top performer in local multi-platform uniques. It is also home to Arizona's Family Originals, our in-house original content production team that is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docuseries and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona that has more than 300,000 downloads to date. But at the heart of it all is our commitment to Arizona. Community is the cornerstone of all we do at Arizona's Family raising millions of dollars for charities across Arizona each year, creating a movement of kindness through our Surprise Squad and Pay it Forward initiatives, and providing Christmas to more than 50,000 Arizona children each holiday season are just some of the many examples of our commitment to our viewers and the great state 48.
Our station, has an immediate opening on the award-winning Good Morning Arizona team. Be ready to inspire and coach the #1 rated morning team in the market as our next Senior Producer.
The Senior Producer is willing to set new expectations, inspire excellence, and hold AM reporters accountable. This person will report to and work closely with the News Director and Executive Producer in shaping and ensuring the execution of our digital-first strategy, high impact story development and newscast sophistication. You must be an innovator, who can see the big picture. You are also a stickler for the details and producing error-free work.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience managing a news team and producing compelling newscasts in a competitive market. You possess excellent writing skills, solid news judgment and creativity using graphics and video.
- You will train, manage and provide regular feedback to the AM reporters.
- You will research, book and ensure story selection, development and placement in newscast fits our both our brand and newsroom standards.
- Understand our DMA, key target audiences and where they live.
- You will act with urgency and be responsible for setting our coverage tone for the overnight/morning hours and for ensuring a strong handoff to the dayside crew.
- Work with the Digital Director to create a daily digital plan and guide its execution. Identify opportunities for live streaming on our website and Facebook, getting live and user-generated content to our News Now Desk, and sending push alerts.
- Work with a sense of immediacy -- independently and as a team. It is our culture.
Please note, the primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above.
- A college degree in journalism or related field, and at least two or more years of newsroom experience. At least one year in a leadership role or management position preferred. Title and pay commensurate with experience. There is room to grow with Gray.
- Must have a desire to win, the ability to reflect on your work and apply feedback.
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), proven news judgment, ethics and integrity.
- Must be able to work quickly and multi-task under deadline pressure and breaking news.
- Ability to work long hours, weekends, and overnights for breaking news and specialized coverage.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5j657-18-232-52-135-42 in your application.