Production Assistant - KTVK / Kpho
PRODUCTION ASSISTANT (P/T) - KTVK/KPHO
Arizona's Family (KTVK & KPHO) is a media powerhouse located in Phoenix, Arizona. The purpose of Arizona's Family is to empower Arizonans to live their best lives. Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona's Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week. CBS 5 is Arizona's Most Watched Television Station driven by the power of CBS programming and sports while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. And the reach of Arizona's Family doesn't stop with linear television, azfamily.com is the market's top performer in local multi-platform uniques. It is also home to Arizona's Family Originals, our in-house original content production team that is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docuseries and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona that has more than 300,000 downloads to date. But at the heart of it all is our commitment to Arizona. Community is the cornerstone of all we do at Arizona's Family raising millions of dollars for charities across Arizona each year, creating a movement of kindness through our Surprise Squad and Pay it Forward initiatives, and providing Christmas to more than 50,000 Arizona children each holiday season are just some of the many examples of our commitment to our viewers and the great state 48.
The Production Assistant operates all supporting production systems, including teleprompters and cameras (handheld, robotic, and jib). Provides general support to all production processes and procedures, including working with on-air guests and talent. Troubleshoots technical issues as they occur.
Duties and responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Provides general support to all production processes and procedures, including working with on-air guests and talent.
- Troubleshoots technical issues as they occur.
- Provides support for all aspects of content production, including lighting and general studio preparation and care. Also provides support to the continuous news workflow by assisting with content preparation across all platforms.
- Provides continuous feedback on daily performance and system status. Communicates effectively with other employees to execute all duties assigned.
• High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism/Production, Communications, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Introductory experience in a live broadcast television environment with preferred hands-on experience with teleprompters, cameras (handheld, robotic, and jib), and other control room systems.
• Familiarity with the control room environment and communication workflows.
• Highly motivated and confident in executing difficult and complex tasks.
• Self-directed and able to function proactively to ensure results, goals, and strict deadlines are met.
• Ability to consistently function in a high-pressure role and environment.
• Ability to quickly react to changing priorities and needs.
• Must be able to troubleshoot difficult problems and develop solutions to address root causes.
• Positive approach to all shifts and duties as assigned.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Interested applicants can, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your cover letter, resume, and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm33yv-44-201-68-86-42 in your application.