Photojournalist - KTVK/KTVK
Arizona's Family (KTVK & KPHO) is a media powerhouse located in Phoenix, Arizona. The purpose of Arizona's Family is to empower Arizonans to live their best lives. Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona's Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week. CBS 5 is Arizona's Watched Television Station driven by the power of CBS programming and sports while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly-rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. And the reach of Arizona's Family doesn't stop with linear television, azfamily.com is the market's top performer in local multi-platform uniques. It is also home to Arizona's Family Originals, our in-house original content production team that is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docuseries, and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona which has more than one million downloads to date. But at the heart of it all is our commitment to Arizona.
Community is the cornerstone of all we do at Arizona's Family raising millions of dollars for charities across Arizona each year, creating a movement of kindness through our Surprise Squad and Pay it Forward initiatives, and providing Christmas to more than 50,000 Arizona children each holiday season are just some of the many examples of our commitment to our viewers and the great state 48.
KTVK/KPHO is seeking a photojournalist who will be responsible for shooting and editing videos of various news events for all media platforms and initiatives, including broadcast, web, digital, and social.
This person is an experienced, compelling storyteller and seeks to provide the most accurate and engaging content to our consumers across all platforms, including text, video, and images on our website and social media platforms.
Please note - primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above
• High School diploma or equivalent required. Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism/Production, Communications, or equivalent experience preferred.
• Two years' experience working as a news photojournalist with broadcast-level equipment in a television news environment preferred.
• Excellent videography and editing skills.
• Strong understanding of non-linear editing.
• Familiarity with various transmission methods preferred – microwave live trucks, LiveU backpacks (or similar technology), etc.
• Must be able to work accurately in a fast-paced, high-stress environment while consistently meeting deadlines.
• Must be able to work in various (sometimes extreme) outdoor climates.
• Ability to work a flexible work schedule including nights and weekends.
• Must be able to lift and carry all necessary gear (40-100 pounds).
• Must have a valid driver's license with a driving record that meets company policies, (will be verified as a condition of employment and checked regularly throughout employment.)
• Must possess an understanding of current journalism standards.
• Strong technical and organizational skills.
If you are qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KTVK/KPHO-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rzb4wq-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.