Local Sales Manager - KTVK/KTVK
Arizona's Family (KTVK & KPHO) is a media powerhouse located in Phoenix, Arizona. The purpose of Arizona's Family is to empower Arizonans to live their best lives. Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona's Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week. CBS 5 is Arizona's Most Watched Television Station driven by the power of CBS programming and sports while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. And the reach of Arizona's Family doesn't stop with linear television, azfamily.com is the market's top performer in local multi-platform uniques. It is also home to Arizona's Family Originals, our in-house original content production team that is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docuseries and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona that has more than one million downloads to date.
Arizona's Family, The Gray Media Group businesses in Phoenix, Arizona, has a rare opportunity for a strong leader with a positive mindset to join our team as a Local Sales Manager. We are looking for a Local Sales Manager (LSM) who will provide leadership by coaching and mentoring a local sales team to achieve sales goals and build and maintain client relationships. The LSM will execute broadcast sales strategies while working side-by-side with the Digital Sales Manager to provide compelling multi-platform advertising solutions.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Collaborate with the management team to accomplish company tent poles and station objectives.
- Motivate the Local Sales team so that revenue goals are achieved.
- Manage, direct and train to maximize the performance of a team of veteran Local Account Executives.
- Recruit hire and train Business Development Representatives, the next generation of our sales team.
- Negotiate ratings, rates, and budgets.
- Assist in developing New Local Direct business utilizing all station platforms.
- Maintain professional working relationships with our clients.
- Maintain positive interaction with Sales Operations personnel.
- Interface with operational systems such as, Wide Orbit, Matrix, etc.
- Oversee accounts receivable and credit policies.
- Assist in development of pricing packaging to fulfill the needs of both client and station.
- Assist in management of inventory.
- Accurately forecast sales revenue for your team.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in Broadcast and Digital Sales Management.
- Effective leadership skills that include the ability to influence, train and motivate individuals and team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Strong teamwork and collaboration skills.
- Proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KPHO/KTVK-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus before or by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1561v-100-26-196-222-42 in your application.