Digital Content Prod./Assignment Editor - KTVK / Kpho
Home to CBS 5 and 3TV, Arizona's Family produces more than 100+ hours of local news and programming every week. CBS 5 is Arizona's Most-Watched Television Station, driven by the power of CBS programming and sports, while 3TV is one of the strongest Independent television stations in the country with its highly-rated morning show, Good Morning Arizona. And the reach of Arizona's Family doesn't stop with linear television. Azfamily.com is the market's top performer in local multi-platform unique users. It is also home to Arizona's Family Originals. Our in-house original content production team is working on several long-form programs, documentaries, docuseries, and original podcasts, including True Crime Arizona, which has more than 700,000 downloads.
Arizona's Family is searching for an experienced Digital Content Producer/Assignment Editor. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, producing engaging written and video news content for all digital platforms, including station websites, apps, social media sites & OTT. We're looking for someone who can respond quickly and calmly to breaking news, weather, and other situations. Digital Producers and Assignment Editors must have exceptional multitasking skills, especially during high-stress conditions. Time management and organization an essential job functions. You'll be required to ensure all platforms have the latest on current and ongoing stories: innovation, drive, team player, openness, and flexibility toward lasting changes.
To effectively perform assignment desk duties, a candidate must demonstrate the ability to monitor news wires, emails, and first responder radios, maintain phone lists of sources, and keep news records up to date. We value team members who aren't afraid to bring all types of vetted story ideas to the table. The assignment editor will also lead in making daily crew assignments Direct videographers and reporters to gather daily news stories.
Please note, the primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above.
- Minimum of two years as a digital or newscast producer at a local or national news organization. 5+ years as an assignment editor with a firm understanding of digital operations is also acceptable.
- Assignment desk experience is strongly recommended.
- Must be able to demonstrate excellent conversational writing skills with speed and accuracy. Applicants will be asked to provide published story examples or take a timed writing test.
- Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Broadcasting, Communications, or equivalent training/experience is strongly preferred.
- Due to the nature of our business, candidates must be willing to work a variety of shifts that may include weekends, holidays, mornings, evenings, and overnights.
- A wiliness to work overtime during certain situations.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r194ox-3-238-72-122-42 in your application.