KTVI/KPLR is searching for a hands-on, aggressive, innovative, creative and dynamic Executive Producer. The successful candidate will have a proven track record as a newscast producer who desires to coach and mentor our producing staff to the next level. The Executive Producer supervises news content across all media platforms and line produces at least one hour of a live newscast.
• Responsible for evaluating stories; organizing them into a cohesive sequence within a newscast or digital content for the web
• Define strategic direction for content coverage to meet business and financial objectives
• Manage news room, contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
• Execute strategies that engage and grow audiences across all media devices
• Responsible for successful marketing of projects and adherence to budget
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Communications, TV/film or the equivalent
• At least 5 years' experience in television or radio broadcast/production
• Must be able to interact well with video journalists, anchors, videographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
• Detail oriented
• Excellent verbal, written, and analytical skills
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity and understanding of viewer needs and expectations
• Utilize state-of-the-art television technology
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gmxx2x-54-174-225-82-42 in your application.