MULTIMEDIA JOURNALIST (ASSO) - KTVF
KTVF/KXDF/KFXF are the NBC, CBS and MeTV/MyNetwork affiliated stations serving the interior of Alaska with award winning local news, great entertainment and public service to the Fairbanks community. KTVF and KXDF, our news producing stations, have been the launching point for many journalists and producers who have moved up in the ranks and are now successfully filling key roles in stations throughout the country.
KTVF / KXDF is looking for a Multimedia Journalist with a passion for telling visual stories on all platforms. The MMJ position with Interior Alaska's #1 news team is the perfect fit for someone who is creative, digital savvy, and not afraid to try new things.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Research, gather, write, and report news stories on-air and online in the most accurate, appealing, timely, and creative way using all sources
- Report ''live'' on the scene, especially during breaking news
- Conduct interviews in the field and on-set
- Develop and maintain sources of information and knowledge about assignments
- Demonstrate sound news judgment, and collaborate with others to present the story
- Must be able to utilize non-linear editing equipment on a daily basis
- Enterprise hard-news, research-driven packages under tight deadlines
- Must be a visual storyteller
- Evenings, weekends, and holidays may be required
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned
- Must thrive in a team environment.
- Bachelor's in broadcast journalism desired but willing to train candidates with strong writing skills.
- Must have valid driver's license.
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KTVF-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior to the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyq63p-18-206-194-21-42 in your application.