Meteorologist - KTVF
KTVF/KXDF/KFXF are the NBC, CBS and MeTV/MyNetwork affiliated stations serving the interior of Alaska with award winning local news, great entertainment and public service to the Fairbanks community. KTVF and KXDF, our news producing stations, have been the launching point for many journalists and producers who have moved up in the ranks and are now successfully filling key roles in stations throughout the country.
KTVF is looking for a fulltime Meteorologist in Fairbanks, Alaska. This opportunity allows you step outside of the box of reporting on weather conditions. Alaska is 1/5 the size of the rest of the US That's a lot of weather to cover. In the summer we are known for 24 hours of daylight, along with very warm temperatures. In the winter, in addition to reporting on extremely cold temperatures (40-below zero is not uncommon to report), we also report on the ''Northern Lights'' forecast. The ideal candidate will be community minded. We have a long standing ''Kids and Weather'' Segment. The position also encourages viewers to submit photo's for our annual calendar, a gift to the community.
Create and deliver compelling weather content using WSI software. Adhere to station branding and promotion. Be a great communicator on the air, in person, and online. Be willing to engage with community via social media page. Be willing to be a team player in a small newsroom.
Please note, the primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the information listed above.
- Minimum of a Bachelor of Science degree in Meteorology or equivalency
- Prior on-air meteorology experience preferred
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Ability to work well under pressure and work well with a diverse station staff
- You must be willing to work flexible shifts, and be on call when necessary
- Valid driver's license and good driving record
- Excellent presentation skills, judgment and ethics
- Drive to develop original content
- Understanding of digital/social media platforms and strategy
- Produce content with urgency and immediacy
- Strong work ethic, organizational and leadership skills
- Integrity, accountability, teamwork
Qualified, interested applicants may go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5j05z-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.