KTVE/KARD in West Monroe, LA is hiring a Morning News Anchor. This position is for our morning newscasts Monday-Friday on NBC 10 & FOX 14. The Anchor will present information in newscasts, produce newscasts, post content online, report special projects, and represent the station at community events. Previous producing experience is necessary. Strong editorial judgment and social media engagement are a must. Live field anchoring/reporting skills are a plus. It is essential that the ideal candidate be an effective, ethical newsroom leader. Please provide a resume reel link when you apply! NO phone calls.
• Anchor & Produce a variety of newscasts
• Arranges interviews with people who can provide information about stories.
• Reviews copy and corrects errors in content, grammar and punctuation, following prescribed editorial style and formatting guidelines.
• Reviews and evaluates notes taken about event aspects in order to isolate pertinent facts and details.
• Determines a story's emphasis, length and format, and organizes material accordingly.
• Researches and analyzes background information related to news stories in order to be able to provide complete and accurate information.
• Gathers information about events through research, interviews, experience or attendance at political, news, sports, artistic, social or other functions.
• Pitches stories to news managers which are relevant to the local community.
• Receives assignments and evaluates leads and tips to develop story ideas.
• Discusses issues with co-workers and/or news managers to establish priorities or positions.
• Revises work to meet editorial approval or to fit time requirements.
• Produce and present reports for all platforms.
• Ensures that all content meets company standards for journalistic integrity and production quality.
• Writes stories for the on-air broadcasts, the web, and other digital platforms.
• Interacts with viewers/users in person and on social media sites.
• Performs special projects and other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's degree in Broadcast Journalism, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work-related experience.
• Fluency in English.
• Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with the ability to ad-lib when required.
• Minimum 2 years' experience in news reporting.
• Superior on-air presence.
• Proficiency with computers, telephones, copiers, scanners, fax machines, and other office equipment.
• Ability to meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
• Valid driver's license with a good driving record.
• Flexibility to work any shift.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d8m046-34-229-119-176-42 in your application.