- Full Time
- Entry (0-2 years) Experience
Job DescriptionKTVE10 and KARD 14 in West Monroe, Louisiana is currently looking for a highly creative, multi-tasking Promotions Assistant.
The Promotions Assistant will be a highly motivated and creative individual that will share responsibility with our production team. This position will be responsible for producing effective on-air promotional spots, special projects, and flexing into production/studio work on a regular basis.
• Work closely with Creative Services Director, Promotion Manager and Production Manager on day to day responsibilities for each department.
• Will work to conceive, write, produce, and edit compelling on-air promos and image campaigns either independently or as a team
• Work in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment and ensure that assigned projects are delivered on time
• Push the creative envelope to new heights while adhering to brand guidelines
• Produce client sponsored promotional content, as assigned
• Flex into studio production to include: floor directing, teleprompting, Ross robotic camera control, handheld camera operation, graphic design for newscast and other local programming.
• Work with Promotions and Production for field shows/production.
• Perform other related duties, as assigned
• Requirements & Skills:
• Minimum 1 year of related experience at a television station/news environment.
• Must have ability to work flexible hours including weekends when needed
• Possess strong video production skills utilizing Sony, Canon, and Blackmagic Cameras
• Extensive knowledge and proven experience in Premiere, After Effects and Photoshop
• Working knowledge of lighting and audio gear
• Possess excellent communication, presentation, organization and time management skills with the ability to prioritize multiple tasks
• Must be able to provide a reel of work examples -- include a web address with your resume or cover letter.
• Strong non-linear editing skills
• Must have knowledge and understanding of television studio production work/experience.
• Must have a valid driver's license
• Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully interact with all departments
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g3vnz4-3-236-50-173-42 in your application.
Nexstar Media Group is America’s largest local television and media company with 196 full power stations (including partner stations) in 114 markets addressing nearly 63% of US television households and a growing digital media operation.