Se Bureau / Legislative MMJ - KTUU
SE BUREAU/LEGISLATIVE MMJ - KTUU (Juneau, AK)
KTUU-TV is an NBC-affiliated television station based in Anchorage, Alaska. KTUU-TV's early beginnings date back to 1953. Over the ensuing decades, the station has built a reputation of excellence as Alaska's most watched news source, producing 32 hours of news and sports content each week on television. Online, AlaskasNewSource.com has become a digital news leader, and our mobile News and Weather applications are on the leading edge of mobile journalism in Alaska. Strong reach and brand loyalty are augmented by added distribution to the state's capital and more than 244 rural communities throughout Alaska. KTUU-TV also operates KYES, Channel 5.
*** To learn what it's like to work for KTUU, watch our video: https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/content/misc/What-its-like-to-work-for-KTUU-406566725.html?_ga=2.187598625.html?_ga=2.187598625.802848565.1601311566-281755813.1598908755
The Southeast Bureau MMJ is based in Juneau, Alaska and covers the Alaska Legislature, the State Capital and a broad range of related issues that affect Alaskans. The Southeast Bureau MMJ must generate story and source contacts, and enterprise stories on a daily basis delivering reports of high visual and ethical standards, using creative ideas and live-news capabilities. Coverage is on-air, live or taped, and on digital platforms. The Southeast Bureau MMJ must be at ease requesting and working with data and holding elected officials accountable as well as operating a camera and broadband equipment as a one-man band to cover politics, news and feature stories across Southeast. Travel is expected.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Shoot, write and edit video (familiarity with ENPS and Grass Valley Edius is a plus)
* Excellent live reporting skills required, ability to ad-lib during breaking news
* Ability to do active and involved live shots and stand-ups
* Strong on-camera presentation skills required
* Excellent interview and communication skills
* Travel as needed to cover news stories
* Must be able to write in a clear, concise, and conversational manner
* Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines and use Social Media daily
* Must be able to operate broadband equipment for liveshots, as needed
* Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
* Must enterprise hard-news, research-based stories
* Basic computer knowledge including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications and Internet use
* Ability to work well with others and independently with limited supervision
* College degree is required. Journalism or related field is preferred.
* Must hold a valid driver's license and a good driving record
* Meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
* Must be able to shoot and edit video (familiarity with Grass Valley Edius is a plus)
* Must have the desire to be at work during big breaking news and special events
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-roj9w6-3-236-225-157-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.