SE Bureau / Legislative MMJ
Political Reporter - KTUU
KTUU-TV is an NBC-affiliated television station based in Anchorage, Alaska. KTUU-TV's early beginnings date back to 1953. Over the ensuing decades, the station has built a reputation of excellence as Alaska's most watched news source, producing 32 hours of news and sports content each week on television. Online, AlaskasNewSource.com has become a digital news leader, and Channel 2's mobile News and Weather applications are on the leading edge of mobile journalism in Alaska. Strong reach and brand loyalty are augmented by added distribution to the state's capital and more than 244 rural communities throughout Alaska. KTUU-TV also operates KYES, Channel 5.
*** To learn what it's like to work for KTUU, watch our video: https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/content/misc/What-its-like-to-work-for-KTUU-406566725.html?_ga=2.187598625.html?_ga=2.187598625.802848565.1601311566-281755813.1598908755
The Political Reporter covers government, politics, policy, elections and a broad range of related issues that affect Alaskans. The Political Reporter must generate story and source contacts, and enterprise stories on a daily basis delivering reports of high visual and ethical standards, using creative ideas and live-news capabilities. Coverage is on-air, live or taped, and on digital platforms. The Political Reporter may also be called upon to fill-in as on-air news anchors or producers, as needed, and must be at ease requesting and working with data and holding elected officials accountable.
Duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Excellent live reporting skills required, ability to ad-lib during breaking news
* Ability to do active and involved live shots and stand-ups
* Strong on-camera presentation skills required
* Excellent interview and communication skills
* Must be able to write in a clear, concise, and conversational manner
* Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines and use Social Media daily
* Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
* Must enterprise hard-news, research-based stories
* Basic computer knowledge including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications and Internet use
* Ability to work well with others and independently with limited supervision
* College degree is required. Journalism or related field is preferred.
* Must hold a valid driver's license and a good driving record
* Meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
* Must have the desire to be at work during big breaking news, elections and special events
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxvqwz-3-238-204-167-42 in your application.
Gray Television supports local community interests by providing quality television broadcasting and exceptional service in each market we serve. Gray owns and/or operates television stations and leading digital properties in 93 television markets including the first or second highest rated television station in 85 markets. We are an unmatched broadcast pioneer that keeps getting bigger and better.