Multimedia Journalist / City Beat - KTUU
KTUU-TV is an NBC-affiliated television station based in Anchorage, Alaska. KTUU-TV's early beginnings date back to 1953. Over the ensuing decades, the station has built a reputation of excellence as Alaska's most watched news source, producing 32 hours of news and sports content each week on television. Online, AlaskasNewSource.com has become a digital news leader, and Channel 2's mobile News and Weather applications are on the leading edge of mobile journalism in Alaska. Strong reach and brand loyalty are augmented by added distribution to the state's capital and more than 244 rural communities throughout Alaska. KTUU-TV also operates KYES, Channel 5.
Learn what it's like to work for KTUU, watch our video:https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/content/misc/What-its-like-to-work-for-KTUU-406566725.html?_ga=2.13789296.694555378.1612226017-281755813.1598908755
MMJs are responsible for developing, investigating, writing, shooting, reporting and editing stories of interest. Must generate story and source contacts, and enterprise stories on a daily basis. Delivers reports of high visual and ethical standards, using creative ideas and live-news capabilities. Coverage is on-air, live or taped, and on digital platforms. Multimedia Journalists may also be called upon to fill-in as on-air news anchors or producers, when needed. The City Beat MMJ is focused on covering the Anchorage Mayor and the Assembly and must affectively cover government decisions to explain how they affect people and neighborhoods throughout the municipality and borough. The City Beat MMJ must beat ease requesting and working with data and holding elected officials accountable.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Excellent live reporting skills required, ability to ad-lib during breaking news
• Ability to do active and involved live shots and stand-ups
• Strong on-camera presentation skills required
• Excellent interview and communication skills
• Must be able to write in a clear, concise, and conversational manner
• Strong research skills, including the ability to navigate online search engines and use Social Media daily
• Strong initiative and attention to detail is required
• Must enterprise hard-news, research-based stories at daily news meetings
• Basic computer knowledge including newsroom software (ENPS), Microsoft applications and Internet use
• Ability to work well with others and independently with limited supervision
• College degree is required. Journalism or related field is preferred.
• Must hold a valid driver's license and a good driving record
• Ability to shoot/edit video, ability to work independently as a ''one man band''
• Meet tight deadlines and work well under pressure
• Must have the desire to be at work during big breaking news, weather coverage and special events
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r1o480-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.