Associate News Producer - KTUU
ASSOCIATE NEWS PRODUCER (P/T) - KTUU
KTUU-TV is an NBC-affiliated television station based in Anchorage, Alaska. KTUU-TV's early beginnings date back to 1953. Over the ensuing decades, the station has built a reputation of excellence as Alaska's most watched news source, producing 32 hours of news and sports content each week on television. Online, AlaskasNewSource.com has become a digital news leader, and Channel 2's mobile News and Weather applications are on the leading edge of mobile journalism in Alaska. Strong reach and brand loyalty are augmented by added distribution to the state's capital and more than 244 rural communities throughout Alaska. KTUU-TV also operates KYES, Channel 5, the CBS affiliate in Anchorage.
The Associate Producer is a part-time, entry level role (Mon-Fri 1p-7p) which assists newscast and digital producers with writing news copy and selecting multimedia content for news broadcasts and publication on the station's web site. Other duties include video editing, researching and making calls to set up news coverage, creating newscast and digital graphics, answering newsroom calls, and teleprompting newscasts in the control room during news broadcasts, when needed.
Essential responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Writing news copy
• Video editing
• Creation of news graphics
• Answering calls in the newsroom
• Making calls to set up news coverage
• Writing and posting digital stories
• Teleprompting newscasts, when needed
• Fill-in produce, when needed
• Entry-level position; ability to learn quickly and retain information
• Excellent communication skills - ability to write in clear and conversational language
• Working knowledge of current events and community issues
• Knowledge of AP writing style
• Video editing skills a plus
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rvoo87-52-23-219-12-42 in your application.