KTUL is looking for a Meteorologist! This position will be responsible for the content of the weather cast on-air and on our digital platforms. You will issue warnings and alerts, produce graphics and maps, and report live during weather events. You must be able to utilize social media during severe weather, as well as write weather stories. You will be expected to produce content on a variety of platforms including, internet, social networking sites, and mobile phones, in addition to television. You must have excellent time management skills. The ideal candidate will have proven skills in social media.
• Produces and presents weather reports for all platforms
• Issue warnings and alerts
• Produce graphics and maps
• Report live during weather events
• Forecast, produce, and present clear and concise forecasts that connect with viewers
• Developing content and graphics for on-air, web, and extensive social media
• Make public appearances on behalf of the station
• Working with producers to determine relevant weather content in breaking and everyday situations on-air and digital platforms
• Report from community events and breaking news
• Be part of the news team ensemble where you will do non-weather things like trending topics, community events, interviews and traffic, as assigned.
Required Skills and Experience:
• Previous on-air experience presenting weather and news information is required
• Extensive digital savvy
• Excellent writing skills
• Previous Baron and WSI experience preferred
• Thorough knowledge of how to maximize the Baron weather system to create distinctive graphics presentations every day
• High energy and engaging personality
• Willingness to come in off duty when severe weather threatens our area
• Team player. Someone who understands it's
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxxzkz-3-231-217-107-42 in your application.