KTUL is seeking a full-time Digital Executive Producer! This position is an integral part of a fast-paced newsroom environment and responsible for getting breaking news and daily stories on KTUL.com as timely as possible. The Digital Content Producer will edit, write and manage news stories, photos, videos, live streaming and interactive content for all digital platforms, including KTUL.com, mobile, social media and emerging technologies. The Digital Content Producer will also react to and post breaking news quickly and accurately and will keep in constant communication with the assignment desk and news producers as stories develop.
• Oversee daily digital and social content to ensure we are serving our communities by sharing relevant information to alert, empower and protect our viewers
• Supervise content producers, as well as, copy edit and provide feedback to encourage digital and social storytelling
• Manage newsroom and handle breaking news situations to empower and grow our audiences
• Collaborate with News Director and other station managers on special assignments
• Plan and oversee continuity on digital and social platforms
• Mentor digital producers and news team of all experience levels and abilities
• Hold team members accountable
• Post engaging content to our digital platforms
• Seek out and hire capable digital producers
• Complete yearly reviews
• Use data to drive what's being posted and where
What skills do you need to be successful in our role?
• Proven track record of creating compelling and engaging stories across multiple platforms
• Ability to perform well under pressure, experience managing breaking news and meeting strict deadlines
• Ability to identity problems and provide solutions
• A strong commitment to journalistic standards and ethics
• Extraordinary people skills with an emphasis on coaching and motivating
• Strong understanding of how to drive digital traffic
• Minimum of 3-5 years experience in a news environment or equivalent
• A college degree in Journalism or a related field is preferred
• Strong writing skills and a proven track record for getting results on initiatives
• Knowledge of Google Analytics and CrowdTangle.
• Excel in social media platforms like Facebook, Twitter and Instagram
• Expertise in digital video
• Excellent news writing and copyediting skills
• Photo and video editing
• Highly organized
• Strong headline-writing skills
• A passion for breaking news and weather
• Competitive spirit and drive to be the best
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rnjb7m-3-236-146-28-42 in your application.