News Producer / MMJ - KTTC
Based in Rochester, Minnesota, KTTC (NBC 10) is the market-leading, award-winning, NBC-affiliated, local television station serving southeast Minnesota and northeast Iowa in the Nielsen designated Rochester-Austin-Mason City television market. KTTC also operates the market's FOX affiliate, KXLT-TV FOX 47 (owned by SagamoreHill Broadcasting), through a shared services agreement.
Living, working and playing in Rochester, Minnesota - (live-kttc.pantheonsite.io)
KTTC Television is looking for a rock star news producer. The person hired for this position will also have the opportunity to fill in as a MMJ.
If you are an up and coming newsroom leader looking for a challenging opportunity, then this is the place for you to create, lead and organize content for multiple platforms utilizing strong editorial, journalistic, organizational and communication skills. We are looking for the best of the best!
This position requires solid reporting on all types of daily news stories with emphasis on accuracy and quality. The position also requires the ability to cover breaking news.
To be successful in this position you will be responsible for:
• Writing, reporting, shooting, editing and doing solid/creative live shots
• Daily news photography and video tape editing
• Work efficiently alone
• Contributing content daily to KTTC.COM and other associated digital products
• Work in various weather conditions
• Must be able to manage the TV news broadcast, coordinate with production team and oversee the order of the news broadcast
• Working with news team to decide on what stories to produce and report
• Working closely with news anchors to produce and execute clear information and/or news stories to the viewer
- Writing, reporting, shooting, editing and doing solid/creative live shots
- Must be able to manage the TV news broadcast, coordinate with production team and oversee the order of the news broadcast.
- Work with news team to decide on what stories to produce and report.
- Work closely with news anchors to produce and execute clear information and/or news stories to the viewer.
- Contribute story ideas and content on a daily basis as well as special assignments and long range planning.
- Assist other producers as well as fill in on all news broadcasts.
- Ability to quickly recognize and organize stories for the upcoming new broadcast.
- Review, edit and approve stories for broadcast submitted by news reporters with speed and accuracy.
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopening, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d5p3k1-52-205-167-104-42 in your application.