KTLA is looking for a Technical Director responsible for the operation of technical equipment and systems for live newscasts and other live and recorded productions.
• Works with producers, directors, and crew to ensure all aspects of the production run smoothly
• Operates video switcher, production automation system (Ross Overdrive), and associated equipment as required
• Create, build, modify effects and custom controls as needed
• Performs other duties as assigned
Requirements & Skills
• Undergraduate degree in broadcast technology radio/TV/film or equivalent related experience
• Minimum two years of technical experience as a Technical Director
• Demonstrable knowledge with all aspects of television production activities
• Must be proficient with production automation systems and production switchers preferably Ross
• Excellent communications skills, both oral and written
• Audio and/or robotic camera operations a plus
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxn5p1-18-234-244-170-42 in your application.