The KTLA Weekend Morning News is the most watched newscast at the most watched station in Southern California. We are appointment television. Our loyal fan base loves the show's combination of news, entertainment, community events, personality and fun. We need a strong, creative and personable Executive Producer who will work with a group of talented anchors, reporters, producers and technical staff to oversee ten hours of important weekend morning programming.
• Lead a large team of on-air talent, line producers and segment producers
• Define strategic direction for news and content coverage in coordination with the News Director and Assistant News Director
• Contribute to the editorial process and make solid decisions in breaking news situations
• Give regular constructive feedback to direct reports; write and deliver annual performance reviews
• Adhere to budget
Requirements & Skills:
• Bachelor's Degree in Journalism, Communications, TV/film or the equivalent
• At least seven years' experience in television or radio broadcast/production; previous news management experience is desired
• Must be able to interact well with anchors, reporters, photographers, news managers, production and engineering staff
• Strong news judgment, journalistic integrity
• Demonstrated creative abilities to produce feature segments and memorable live television
• Work early mornings and weekends
• Assist weekday newscasts and/or oversee special programming as needed
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gm1eq6-3-238-132-225-42 in your application.