KTLA, the #1 station in the nation's #2 market, is looking for an experienced digital journalist to manage content and audience engagement for KTLA.com as Digital Executive Producer.
This position involves overseeing and improving the daily packaging of all digital editorial content published and distributed on KTLA.com and across the Nexstar network of sites with the goal of increasing user interactivity and traffic. The Digital Executive Producer is also a digital audience expert who understands how to grow distribution platforms to maximize readership and has flexibility to perform various duties with the ability to jump into the mix and create high-performing content as needed.
• Attends local editorial meetings and serves as bridge between broadcast and digital in local newsroom
• Trains, coaches, and manages team of local digital journalists
• Depending on strengths and regional needs, will be assigned regional tasks across multiple websites.
• Excellent at writing buzzy headlines that increase pageviews, and packaging content that grows pageviews per visitor and time on site.
• Works with web producers to ensure a steady stream of interesting content is packaged in an interactive way and promoted in a way that generates reader interest.
• Evaluates website traffic trends in effort to make decisions on both daily content and longer-term content development that will grow audiences on KTLA.com's digital products.
• Leads team member responsible for planning and implementing special coverage projects (severe weather, breaking news, enterprise digital content databases and projects).
• Monitors major news websites, local and state news websites, blogs and social media for breaking news and trending topics.
• Expert at promoting news content on social media and utilizing social channels to enhance the brand.
• 5+ years of experience gathering or producing news and information on digital properties.
• Experience building specialized online content (investigative, elections, weather, etc.)
• Knowledge of SEO best practices and AP Style
• Strong social media management experience with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube.
• Organized, technical problem solver and quick decision maker
• Enjoys working in teams and has excellent interpersonal skills
• Ease with/ability to learn new technology independently and quickly
• Ability to take direction and quickly implement new ideas
• Comfortable adapting to changes in evolving industry and thrives under pressure
• Self-motivated, competitive spirit and assertive personality with ability to balance multiple competing projects and priorities
• Schedule flexibility (nights, weekends)
• Strong understanding of Google Analytics; Chartbeat experience a plus
• Proficiency in MS Office a must; HTML, CSS and Photoshop experience a plus
• Bachelor's degree or combination of education and relevant work experience
KTLA will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gp5ej0-44-200-30-73-42 in your application.