Videographer / Morning Editor - KTIV
KTIV, Siouxland's News Channel, is the award winning, dominate NBC affiliate located in Sioux City, Iowa and serves viewers in NW Iowa, NE Nebraska, and SE South Dakota. KTIV News 4 is a breaking news and weather station covering local, original stories in the tri-state area.
KTIV is looking for a creative, aggressive visual storyteller. A journalism or communication background is a big plus. We're looking for a self-motivated, excellent communicator who can work independently and as part of a team. Primary duties include gathering video, interviews, and information, editing for broadcast and digital/ social platforms, setting up/ executing multiple live shots per shift, monitoring scanners, social media, and other sources for news, and other duties as assigned. This position is for an early morning shift.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Strong photography and non-linear editing skills a must
- Respond aggressively to breaking news
- Communicate updates to news staff and management
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Must have excellent verbal and written skills
- Must be able to work individually, and/or in a group setting
- Should show individual initiative and creativity in photography skills
- Previous video shooting experience, preferred
- Valid Drivers License and able to complete the MVR process successfully
- Able to shoot and edit video, work with reporters and assignment desk
- Capable of gathering information and interviews when necessary; conduct online research
- Computer literacy required
- Must be able to work well under pressure with limited supervision and daily deadlines
Interested applicants can go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', we encourage you to upload your resume, cover letter, and references
(Current employees who are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro self-service portal)
KTIV-TV/Gray Television, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-gxj2kz-44-200-77-92-42 in your application.