News Producer - KSWO
NEWS PRODUCER (MORNING) - KSWO
KSWO ABC Affiliated- The top rated station in southwest Oklahoma and north Texas leads the market in weather coverage with the First Alert Weather Team, the largest group of meteorologists tracking storms in the southern plains. Lawton is ideally located halfway between Oklahoma City and Dallas/Forth Worth metroplex. Our region is known for the rugged beauty of the Wichita Mountains and the National Wildlife Refuge, a hiker's paradise. Affordable living, great outdoor adventures and close proximity to major cities and their attractions make the Lawton- Wichita Falls market an exciting Opportunity for career growth.
Learn more about KSWO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrdQBuKR8Bg
KSWO seeks a full-time morning producer to join our number one news team. Successful candidate must have solid news judgement, possess strong leadership skills and be able to perform well under pressure. We are not looking for a show stacker. Instead, the ideal candidate must be able to create compelling, research driven content that is clear, concise, and relatable to our audience on all platforms. Candidate must be a team player with the ability to work in an intense breaking news environment and willing to blow up a show minutes before air.
On the spot problem solving is a must for this job. Candidate must be a strong writer for our newscasts and website.
Duties/Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Produce a creative and informative newscast with emphasis on the viewers interests
- Coordinate the writing and editing of scripts that incorporate video, natural sound and graphics to enhance storytelling
- Coordinate and plan live shots
- Time the newscast in the control room
- Adapt to breaking news and developing stories
- Communicate with anchors, field crews and control room staff
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism or related field is desired
- Strong writing skills, using correct grammar
- Must be able to work well under deadline pressure
- Must be professional and courteous with the public, answer phones and greeting guests who are booked to appear on air
- Must work individually as well as part of a team
- Must have a strong understanding of journalistic ethics
- Must have strong organizational skills
- Must be extremely flexible to work different shifts throughout the year
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload resume, cover letter, and references
KSWO-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2pko5-3-239-6-58-42 in your application.