NEWS PRODUCER (PRIMARY) - KSWO
KSWO ABC Affiliated- The top rated station in southwest Oklahoma and north Texas leads the market in weather coverage with the First Alert Weather Team, the largest group of meteorologist tracking storms in the southern plains. Lawton is ideally located halfway between Oklahoma City and Dallas/Forth Worth metroplex. Our region is known for the rugged beauty of the Wichita Mountains and the National Wildlife Refuge, a hiker's paradise. Affordable living, great outdoor adventures and close proximity to major cities and their attractions make the Lawton- Wichita Falls market an exciting Opportunity for career growth.
Learn more about KSWO - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrdQBuKR8Bg
KSWO seeks a full-time producer to join our number one news team. Successful candidate must have solid news judgement, possess strong leadership skills and be able to perform well under pressure. We are not looking for a show stacker. Instead, the ideal candidate must be able to create compelling, research driven content that is clear, concise and relatable to our audience on all platforms. Candidate must be a team player with the ability to work in an intense breaking news environment and willing to blow a show up minutes before air. On the spot problem solving is a must for this job. Candidate must be a strong writer for television and our station website.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Manage the TV news broadcast, coordinate with production team and oversee the order of the news broadcast.
- Work with news team to decide on what stories to produce and report.
- Work closely with news anchors to produce and execute clear information and/or news stories to the viewer.
- Contribute content to KSWO.com and other associated digital products.
- Contribute story ideas and content on a daily basis as well as special assignments and long range planning.
- Assist other producers as well as fill in on all news broadcasts.
- Lead newscast meeting.
- Ability to quickly recognize and organize stories for the upcoming new broadcast.
- Review, edit and approve stories for broadcast submitted by news reporters with speed and accuracy.
- Good writing skills
- Bachelor's degree in broadcast journalism or a related field
- Self-starter skills
- Excellent writing, showcasing, time management skills required
- Pre-employment drug screen, MVR check will be run
Come join our dynamic team, go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, click on ''apply now''
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-d2n4q6-35-172-223-30-42 in your application.