MMJ / Reporter - KSWO
KSWO ABC Affiliated- The top rated station in southwest Oklahoma and north Texas leads the market in weather coverage with the First Alert Weather Team, the largest group of meteorologist tracking storms in the southern plains. Lawton is ideally located halfway between Oklahoma City and Dallas/Forth Worth metroplex. Our region is known for the rugged beauty of the Wichita Mountains and the National Wildlife Refuge, a hiker's paradise. Affordable living, great outdoor adventures and close proximity to major cities and their attractions make the Lawton- Wichita Falls market an exciting Opportunity for career growth.
Learn more about KSWO
KSWO is looking for a multimedia reporter. We need a candidate who can enterprise lead stories that truly matter to people. The ideal candidate must be able to connect with the community across broadcast, digital and social media. Excellent time management, strong writing skills and an energetic live presence are critical for success in this position. In addition to generating story ideas, you must have the ability to report, shoot and edit video on your own. Be prepared to run your own live shots. You will respond to breaking news and embrace a culture of urgency. We report news on every platform, so you will also post web stories/ pictures/ video to serve our digital and social audience.
The primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
* Must be able to work efficiently alone but also be part of a team.
* Must contribute content daily to KSWO digital and other associated social products
* Gather, write and present news reports for various newscasts including various digital platforms
* Contribute pictures, video and text updates to mobile platforms consistently throughout the day both the field and the station
* Develop a network of sources
* Participate in story selection process through meetings, and contribute story ideas daily
* Other duties as assigned
* Strong verbal and written communication skills including excellent news writing and visual story-telling ability
* Ability to make ethical journalism decisions
* Familiarity with digital video cameras, non-linear editing, and social media platforms
* Ability to lift 35-40 lbs. of gear
* Willingness to work evenings, weekends and holidays if needed
* Candidate must pass a drug screen and possess a good driving record.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r0yq68-18-204-2-146-42 in your application.