KSNW is looking for a multi-media journalist ready to take their skills to the next level in a newsroom that fosters growth and development. Position requires daily reporting, shooting, editing, live shots and on-air responsibilities. This position will include regular news reporting in addition to opportunities for local sports reporting. We are looking for storytellers with strong writing skills and a desire to be an active member of the Wichita community. The right candidate will enterprise hard news stories, develop sources and tell stories that are important to our community. This is not a ''sports highlights only'' type of position and requires regular day-turn general assignment news reporting several days a week. We want to find individuals that want to tell stories every day – including news and sports. Opportunities for advancement for those committed to their personal and professional development. Wichita is a hidden gem! This underrated city boasts affordable cost of living, friendly people, great restaurants, up and coming arts and culture scene and very little traffic.
The Multimedia Journalist Reporter reports, shoots, writes, voices, edits and feeds news production content for all platforms in a manner that is clear, engaging and meaningful to news consumers.
JOB SUMMARY: Report news and feature stories, and read them accurately, clearly and concisely and in an engaging manner.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Evaluate news leads and tips to develop story ideas. Gather and verify accurate information about newsworthy events by interview, investigation, or observation.
• Gather accurate and interesting information for newscast presentations.
• Produce accurate, complete and compelling news copy on deadline.
• Build network of sources who supply information that allows the Company to stay ahead of its competitors.
• Develop ideas for news, feature and enterprise pieces, as well as investigative stories.
• Present compelling, clear, creative and accurate live shots.
• Organize material, shoot and edit video and write stories based on the details and information obtained.
• Use various digital and social platforms to give updates and share news stories with the public.
• Play an active and visible role in the community.
• Solid vocal delivery, camera presence, and clear enunciation.
• Strong reporting skills.
• Understand importance of social media.
• Excellent reading, writing, spelling, grammar and organizational skills.
• Must be fluent in English - Bilingual/Spanish a plus.
• Promote teamwork and maintains attitude of cooperation with all station personnel
• Adept at ad-lib presentations, without aid of scripts and/or teleprompters.
• Possess exceptional research skills.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Journalism or related field, prefer experience as on-air news reporter, collegiate and internship experience will be considered.
TRAINING/EQUIPMENT: Operate newsroom computer systems, editing and camera equipment.
Provide resume and digital reel when applying.
WORK ENVIRONMENT/MENTAL/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: High stress environment with deadline pressures. Travel will be required on a regular basis. Position requires the transport of equipment weighing up to 60 lbs. Position often requires work in extreme outdoor temperatures. A valid driver's license and an acceptable driving record are required.
NOTE: This job description contains the basic requirements for the position and is NOT intended to be a complete list of responsibilities; other duties may be assigned.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-r145yv-44-212-94-18-42 in your application.