P/T Master Control Operator
KSNW is currently seeking a part-time Master Control Technician to join the station's Programming Department. In addition to the duties in the job summary, the ideal candidate must be capable of acting as a studio technician for our evening newscasts. The candidate may be asked to assist with studio camera operation, teleprompter operation and minor studio maintenance such as changing studio lighting. For this part-time position we will accept candidates with a high school diploma or equivalent with at least two years of technical training preferred. Overnight weekend (Saturday and Sunday nights) availability is mandatory as is the ability to work a flexible schedule which will include holidays. If you've ever wanted to get your foot in the door in the television business this could be your chance.
Responsible for monitoring the quality and accuracy of the on-air product, ensuring the transmission meets government regulations, troubleshooting equipment malfunctions, and preparing programming for playout.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
* Operate video switchers, and router panels, routing video and audio signals, file servers, multi-channel automation systems, and all related broadcast equipment.
* Live-on air switching.
* Server based distribution management.
* Maintain on-air programming, as well as tune in satellite feeds and news microwave trucks.
* Monitor transmitters, maintain logs, ingest and file transfer shows and commercials.
* Detail oriented.
* Thorough knowledge of PCs, videotape R/PB equipment and related broadcast software.
* Ability to use vectorscopes, waveform monitors, and other engineering test equipment.
* Working knowledge of broadcast videotape/videodisc machine operations.
* Extensive experience in control room procedures.
Work Environment/Mental/Physical Requirements: Position requires lifting up to 50 pounds and pushing up to 75 pounds. High stress environment with deadline pressures. Position also requires work on weekends and holidays.
Education/Experience: Two year technical degree and knowledge of server based video operations is preferred. Experience in television operations preferred.
Training/Equipment: Operate broadcast equipment and software.