NEWS REPORTER/MMJ (HASTINGS) - KSNB
KSNB-TV serves the Central Nebraska area in the Lincoln-Hastings-Kearney market. We are an NBC affiliate with full service newscasts weekdays and weekends. ''Local 4'' is a growing brand in the market on broadcast and digital platforms. Local4's hyper-local focus positions us to be an innovative leader in Central Nebraska.
KSNB is looking for a News Reporter/MMJ. Generate story ideas for broadcast news and digital news platforms. Role includes reporter responsibility.
Primary job duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Reporter/MMJ generating content for broadcast and digital platforms
- Cover local news, including content for digital platforms
- Produce, write/edit, report stories live in the field and in studio
- Represent the station at public functions as needed
- Operate newsroom computer system, digital editing platform, field camera and editing equipment, Post content on Local4 website, station social media accounts, and individual employee social media accounts.
We need people on our team who have a passion for learning about our community and our audience and to authentically demonstrate that passion on the air, on-line and especially in person. Our audience embraces our talent because we show them that we care. On-air experience at a professional news station, a college degree or equivalent job experience in a journalism related field, are desired. The ability to communicate live on-screen in a professional manner, for all of our media channels. The ability to type and operate newsroom computers and other news gathering equipment in an above average capacity, excellent people skills when dealing with coworkers and the public, a valid driver's license and satisfactory driving record are requirements. Position would require permanent residence in Hastings or Grand Island, Nebraska
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-dyobqk-54-198-139-112-42 in your application.