KSLA News 12 is the aggressive, National Edward R. Murrow award-winning CBS affiliate serving the region known as the ArkLaTex. The station is the market's leader in timely and accurate reporting of breaking news, investigative journalism, award-winning storytelling and First Alert Weather. KSLA News 12 serves its community on all on-air, digital and mobile platforms embracing the innovation of the industry. In the center of the ArkLaTex is the Shreveport/Bossier City metroplex where the best of Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas culture is combined to create a vibrant and comfortable lifestyle.
KSLA News 12 is looking for a Multi-Media Journalist to lead our multi-platform sports coverage. We need someone who is a strong storyteller and not just focused on scores and highlights. This is an opportunity to present unique, engaging, and insightful content in innovative ways.
The successful candidate will be responsible for (but not limited to) the following:
• Write accurate and engaging scripts/content for broadcast, digital and social media
• Schedule, conduct and shoot interviews and edit video
• Produce and anchor sports segments, coverage, and stories
• Report live for newscasts and on digital/social media/OTT
• Use digital and social media in the news gathering process and presentation
• Use strong organizational and time management skills to plan content and coverage
• Work independently and as a team
• Meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Work various shifts, weekends and holidays as needed
• Other duties as assigned
At least 2 years of multi-platform reporting, shooting and editing experience preferred. College degree in journalism or equivalent is required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g67qeq-3-237-16-210-42 in your application.