KSLA News 12 is the aggressive, National Edward R. Murrow award-winning CBS affiliate serving the region known as the ArkLaTex. The station is the market's leader in timely and accurate reporting of breaking news, investigative journalism, award-winning storytelling and First Alert Weather. KSLA News 12 serves its community on all on-air, digital and mobile platforms embracing the innovation of the industry. In the center of the ArkLaTex is the Shreveport/Bossier City metroplex where the best of Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas culture is combined to create a vibrant and comfortable lifestyle.
KSLA NEWS 12 is seeking an outstanding individual for our MMJ/Reporter position. Successful candidate must have the desire and ability to search for unique stories, write engaging content, and present demonstrative and engaging live shots during day-to-day and breaking news coverage. Applicant should have at least two years of multi-platform reporting experience.
Your responsibilities will include (but not be limited to) the following:
• Develop sources and present ideas daily that resonate with our audience and are in line with our strategy
• Write accurate and engaging scripts for broadcast, digital and social media
• Schedule, conduct and shoot interviews and edit video
• Respond to breaking news coverage
• Report live on digital/social media and during newscasts
• Use strong journalistic ethics, news judgment and decision-making in daily coverage
• Use digital and social media in the news gathering process and presentation
• Use strong organizational skills for efficient workflow
• Work independently and as a team
• Meet deadlines, prioritize assignments, and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Work various shifts, weekends and holidays as needed
• Other duties as assigned
At least 2 years of multi-platform reporting, shooting and editing experience is required. College degree in journalism or equivalent is also required.
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-g4y76v-35-170-64-36-42 in your application.