Investigative Anchor / Reporter - KSLA
KSLA News 12 is the aggressive, National Edward R. Murrow award-winning CBS affiliate serving the region known as the ArkLaTex. The station is the market's leader in timely and accurate reporting of breaking news, investigative journalism, award-winning storytelling and First Alert Weather. KSLA News 12 serves its community on all on-air, digital and mobile platforms embracing the innovation of the industry. In the center of the ArkLaTex is the Shreveport/Bossier City metroplex where the best of Louisiana, Texas and Arkansas culture is combined to create a vibrant and comfortable lifestyle.
KSLA TV in Shreveport, Louisiana needs an experienced Investigative Reporter/Anchor to join our award-winning team. The successful candidate will research, develop, write, and present investigative news stories on a long and short-term basis. The person in this position will also contribute research and analysis on targeted daily stories and major breaking news events.
Duties/Responsibilities would include (but not be limited to):
• Research, develop, write and produce ground-breaking investigative news content relevant to our communities
• Generate long and short-term investigative news projects
• Perform computer-assisted reporting research and database analysis
• Contribute research and analysis on major breaking news events
• Provide investigative content across all of our broadcast and digital/social platforms
• Develop and maintain sources that will generate exclusive content
• Work with station management and corporate legal department conceptualizing and producing content
• Anchor assigned newscasts
• Two years experience working as an Investigative Reporter or four years as a General Assignment Reporter with a demonstrated history of turning investigative stories
• Understanding of computer-assisted reporting and working with database and spreadsheet programs
• Willingness to work long hours and overtime when needed
If you feel you're qualified and want to work with a great group of people go to https://gray.tv/careers#currentopenings, you may type in the job title, station call letters, or click on ''apply now'', upload your resume, cover letter and references
(Current employees that are interested in this position can apply through the Gray-TV UltiPro employee portal)
KSLA-TV/Gray Television Group, Inc. is a drug-free company
Gray Television encourages all new employees to be fully vaccinated against the coronavirus virus prior by the first workday..
Jobcode: Reference SBJ-rz8vx1-18-207-240-77-42 in your application.